Sunday, January 26, 2014

Thoughts for January 26, 2014

This morning I was getting ready for church and I didn’t feel very holy.  I have to be up at 8:00 am to make a meal for the potluck after church – I want to sleep in.  These clothes are fitting too tightly – what can I wear?  Am I going to get all the songs into the overhead software so I can make it easy for everyone to read and will I change the slides at the right time? – This is too stressful. 

“I love you” is what came to my mind.  I recognized the voice.  It was my heavenly Father.  “What you are doing is holy because I am holy.  It’s not you – it’s me.”  Yes.

We left for church early because when Brian leads the music he likes the little bit of extra time before the service to center his thoughts and know God’s peace and pray with the music team.  Half way to church I panicked.  Where is the memory stick with the songs for the overhead?  Not in my bag!!  I forgot it at home.  We turned around quickly.  Brian frustrated – me apologizing profusely and beating myself up.  We got to church with only 10 minutes to spare.  My stress level was at an all-time high, already forgetting my earlier conversation with God.  My friend comes and sits next to me while I am desperately trying to get the computer up and running and organize myself.  How can I worship when I have to do this.  “This is your worship, Remember me.”  Oh yeah, right!  Sorry Lord!  I turn my full attention to my friend who is sharing deeply about her week.  We cry together and the music starts. 

“Find rest my soul, in Christ alone.  Know His power, in quietness and trust.  When the oceans rise and thunders roll, I will soar with you above the storm, God you are King over the flood – I will be still and know you are God.”  ~ Rueben Morgan


Selah

1 comment:

  1. Breath in, breath out...in with the good, out with the bad...
    :) HE is in control! PLT

    ReplyDelete