Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9, 2014

Today is our 27th Wedding Anniversary.  I am amazed at how well these past 27 years have gone.  Really.  Living with a person for 27 years takes a lot of patience, forgiveness, saying I'm sorry, give and take, lots of giving.... and more giving.  But at the same time, it's so neat to be able to always have a friend in your corner.  Always.  Someone that will rub your back at night so you can sleep, someone to make breakfast and lunches so you can go to work everyday to provide for your family, someone to just get a hug from, someone to glance at you across the room and you know what they're thinking, someone to pray with you when your nightmares are terrifying, or when you start fearing the future of your child.  I am so thankful.

Brian, for the man you are, the life we share, 
and the way you make me feel... 
For the little things, the loving things, the only-us things we do -- 
I know I'll be in love with you forever! Loving 27th Anniversary!



And now for a little treat picture.  I was walking to the mail when I noticed this... so beautiful!


It fit perfectly with what I was pondering this morning after having watched an inspiring video.

You think this is just another day in your life
It’s not just another day
It’s the one day that is given to you – today
It is given to you
It’s a gift
It is the only gift that you have right now
And the only appropriate response is gratefulness…..



1 comment: